BILP – Open Call
Contextile at BILP 2023 – Biennale internationale du lin de Portneuf | Contemporary textile art
From June 18 to October 1, 2023 | Deschambault-Grondines / Québec
10th edition directed by Dominique Roy
BILP – Biennale internationale du lin de Portneuf, already has a relevant history of partnership with Contextile – Bienal de Arte Têxtil Contemporânea (2016), which involves the exchange of artists between biennials through the realization of artistic residencies both in Canada (Québec) or in Portugal (Guimarães).
The artistic work resulting from the residencies is always integrated into the exhibitions of both biennials.
Therefore, and in view of the selection of 2 Portuguese and/or foreign artists residing in Portugal, we would like to invite you to submit your CV and Portfolio (in English) and an draft of a Proposal for an artistic project that considers the Theme of the biennial and the intrinsic desire of the artist.
Application: Until January 26 2023
Tema da BILP 2023:
NO FIXED ABODE
People without a fixed address are generally perceived to be victims of a personal or collective disaster which forces them in a situation of social exclusion. Being homeless is synonymous with failure, poverty, and abandonment.
Surprisingly, when one relates the lack of a permanent residence with nomadism, the condition of “no fixed abode” takes on an air of freedom. We can indeed associate the nomadic life with that of a willing vagrant, a globetrotter free from any constraints of place and occupation.
Artistas (in residency) will be responsible for:
- Creating and producing 1 or more works of textile art (with reference to linen) in a thematic context and in situ. The work will be presented at the BILP exhibition, opening on June 18, 2023;
- Assigning the rights to reproduce images of the work for promotion and dissemination purposes.
A organização será responsável por:
- Providing a fee of €700 to each artist;
- Paying up to €200 for the production and development of the work (materials, …);
- Providing materials and equipment for the installation of the work at the exhibition site (Québec);
- Assuming the travel + lodging + food;
- Assuming the transport of the works to Portugal.
Until February 3 – Selection of the 2 Portuguese artists
March 1 – contract + (beginning of meetings between the curators and the artists; sharing of information)
April – Development of concept and project
May 7 – Departure
May 8 to June17 – Artistic residencies / Deschambault-Grondines
June 18 – Opening
June 20 – Return
More information about the biennal:
Applications until January 26 to: